James F. Szaller
- Ohio Supreme Court, and all courts in Ohio, 1975.
- United States Supreme Court, 1982.
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1983.
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1986.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1975.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland Marshall College of Law. Received J.D. cum laude in 1975.
- Editor, The Cleveland State Law Review.
- Editor and originator of Exegesis, appearing in the Cuyahoga County Bar Journal, Law and Fact.
- Published Law Review articles:
- a. Semachko v. Hopko: Ohio's Marketable Title Act Comes to the Fore, 23 Cleve. St. L. Rev. 337 (1974).
- b. Scienter and Rule 10b-5: Development of a New Standard, 23 Cleve. St. L. Rev. 493 (1974) (co-authored with Alan J. Ross).
- c. The Intrauterine Device: A Criticism of Governmental Complaisance and an Analysis of Manufacturer and Physician Liability, 24 Cleve. St. L. Rev. 247 (1975) (co-authored with Walter Lee McCombs).
Law Awards: Cleveland State University
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award: Graduating Senior Contributing Most to Legal Scholarship. This award is granted annually by vote of the faculty.
- Ohio Title Corporation Award: best Law Review article relative to real property.
- W.H. Anderson Company Award. This award is granted annually to the Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review who has contributed the most meritorious article to the Review.
- Sindell Tort Competition Award. Granted by vote of the Editorial Board of Review to the Editor contributing the most meritorious article on a subject related to torts or evidence.
- The Law Review Outstanding Achievement Award. First recipient of this award, granted by the Review for independent achievements in research and writing.
- Nominated by the Dean for the Dean's Award to the Most Deserving Graduate in the class of 1975.
- Cleveland State University, College of Arts and Sciences. B.A. degree
- Cuyahoga Community College, College of Arts and Sciences. Received A.A. degree in English in June 1967.
- First Student Council and Class President of Cuyahoga Community College (the first junior college in the state of Ohio).
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
Law and Other Directory Listings
- Martindale-Hubbel Law Directory. Rating: A-V (highest rating for attorneys).
Other Published articles
- Divide and Conquer, James F. Szaller and Gerald S. Leeseberg, 39 Trial 42, September 2003.
- Nonparty Discovery in Drug Cases, James F. Szaller and Jeff Gibson, 43 Trial 46, September 2007.
- Distinguished Service Award from the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1996. Awarded for efforts on behalf of Ohio Consumers.
- Litigation Group Award, 2007, from American Association for Justice.